Saturday, July 12, 2008

Cupcake Madness Begins!!!!!

I was thinking a couple of days ago about how much a friend appreciated a knit cupcake I gave her for her her birthday in addition to some other things. I thought about how everyone could use a cupcake on their birthday and how it would be impossible to do this because I usually only remember someone's birthday the night before. But wait!!!!! The impossible became possible! Why don't I knit up a bunch of cupcake and keep them handy until they are ready to be given! Brilliant! I 'll refill the stash whenever it's almost down to one or two cupcakes left! The only problem left is where to stash them...every storage spot is filled with yarn. Then I thought I would put them in a tiny bin behind my bed. But wait- the madness doesn't stop at cupcakes! I also thought about making felted fortune cookies with messages like "You are going to have a great birthday!" and "You are going to get well very soon" inside them. I am going to start knitting the cupcakes and fortune cookies this weekend. Let the madness begin!

4 comments:

lizzzknits said...

Love those fortune cookies. Might have to try them. No calories, too.

lizzzknits said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pirk said...

I put my cupcake comment on the other thread.

Anyway, I like the cupcake idea.
I have a friend in Mississippi who is crazy about cupcakes and her BD is coming up in August. Thanks for the idea!!

Lobug said...

I do something similar with baby shower gifts. I never thought of cupcakes, though. good idea! (I came by way of the Rav train--another good idea ;D)